Read this article will help you to learn about the difference between transactional and transformational leadership.
Difference between Transactional and Transformational Leadership
Difference – Transactional Leadership:
1. Transactional leadership is traditional in nature.
2. The leader specifies what subordinates need to do to achieve objectives, classifies task requirements and helps subordinates become confident to achieve the objectives.
3. He has a vision of his own and subordinates follow to achieve the leader’s vision.
4. He has to be approached to solve the problems.
5. He monitors people to achieve the expected targets, according to plans.
6. Transactional leadership is based on personal traits of the leader.
Difference – Transformational Leadership:
1. Transformational leadership is ethical in nature.
2. The leader inspires followers through vision and energy.
3. He creates shared vision with his subordinates where every subordinate identifies that vision as his own.
4. He prepares subordinates to solve the problems themselves.
5. He inspires people to do the unexpected, above and beyond the plan.
6. Transformational leadership is based on inter-relations between the leader and subordinates.